After trying to register custom reports v9 took minutes to load between every new screen. Turns out that the problem was a pref I had changed to troubleshoot report problems. Pg 14 of the Customer Reports for RPRO 9.1 doc says to ENABLE SQL TRACE by editting the oracleadminrproodspfileinit.ora by removing the pound sign # (a comment character) from the line ‘sql_trace=true’. ONce I put that comment character back on and restarted the services RPRO9 and report view ran at normal speeds. It was causing SQL trace on all activities, not just reports running.
Probably a no brainer for DBAs, but there isn’t one here (or at RetailPro apparently).