The Status fields are bit fields. Since it is a bit field it means that you can use 1 status or multiple statuses combined depending on how the document was used.
Status bit field values
1 = Transmitted
2 = Copied
4 = Marked for Deletion
32 = ODB Sent
64 = ODB Cancelled
128 = RDW Sent
256 = Target updated
You need an explanation for status = 3. Looking at the values above I did the following two tests.
1. Created a Slip in V8.
2. Processed out with V8 polling to have the transmitted field set.
3. Processed out with ECM. Opened the XML file and the status = 1
1. Now I copied that same slip (slip#1) and created Slip #2
2. Processed out with V8 polling to have the transmitted field set. (probably unecessary step at this point, transmitted field was already set)
3. Processed out with ECM. Opened the XML file and the status = 3 for Slip#1
This is because the slip was copied and the transmitted flag was set.
Bit Values 1 + 2 = status of 3