Manual calibration is recommended whenever you are using pre-printed media or if the printer
will not correctly auto calibrate.
1. Make sure media is loaded.
2. Turn on the printer power.
3. Press and hold the Feed button until the green status light flashes once, then twice and
then continuing until the flash groups reach the group of SEVEN flashes. Release the Feed
4. The printer will set the media sensor for the label backing being used. After it is done
making this adjustment, the roll will automatically feed until a label is positioned at the
printhead. A profile of the media sensor settings (similar to the example below) will print.
Upon completion, the printer will save the new settings in memory and the printer is ready
for normal operation.
5. Press the Feed button. One entire blank label will feed. If this does not happen, try
defaulting (refer to the four-flash sequence in “Feed Button Modes” later in this chapter)
and recalibrating the printer.
Note • Performing a manual calibration disables the auto calibration function. To return to
auto calibration, default the printer (refer to the four-flash sequence in Feed Button Modes
on page 77 in this section).