Q&A Message Board

Notifications
Clear all

Rpro 9 Style Definition setting in local preferences - what does setting it to "both" do?

Topic starter

When we set up Rpro 9, after moving from 8, we had the style definition setting to be Description 2. That was an error, it should have been set to Description 1. I changed it to be Description 1. Before making the change I noticed that some items that don't need to be in a style are linked in a style. So, if that setting is set to "both", is that more flexible, or less flexible? Is both the same as either? 

@toddv
it allows you to style together only if both fields are the same. that can limit you if you want to have different verbal descriptions for the items. but in your case it will likely fix the issues with items being in the wrong style. If you changed it to just Desc1 then you might likely have duplicate item definitions on different rows so that is not a good solution. I can have a tech contact you to go over the options if you want.

1 Answer

This has to do with Style Definition.

Technically the style is defined by the DCS Code, The Vendor Code, and Description1 Or Description2 OR Both.

That determines how styles are built. Most Clothing Retailers use the Style Number in a Description field and then define the style by that description field. It would not matter which field. For Ski’s (and most hard lines) the name of the Ski is the same for all sizes but the Vendor Order number changes for each size, therefore they build styles off the Name of the product. In some cases I have seen Description1 be the name of the style and Description2 is the version of the style and they define style grids by both fields.

There is no difference in being more or less flexible, it is a question of how you define your data for ease of input, consistency and reporting.

Jeff K.